Serbian Orthodox Church
Diocese of Great Britain & Scandinavia
Saint John the Baptist Halifax
Welcome!

 

The parish church of St. John the Baptist was originally a Methodist place of worship built circa 1887. Following much financial input and extensive renovation work, the interior was adapted for Christian Orthodox worship. His Majesty King Peter II Karadjordjevic of Yugoslavia attended the consecration, which was officiated by His Grace Bishop Dionisije (Milivojevic), on Sunday 5th September 1965. The property has two function halls, a car park and a vicarage. The parish priest is the Very Reverend Protopresbyter-Stavrophore Aleksandar Ilic. The church is located 1.2 miles from Halifax town centre on the A647 Boothtown Road.

The church services are conducted in Church Slavonic, Serbian and English.

Парохијски храм првобитно је био методистичко место богослужења, који је саграђен око 1887. Велико новчано улагање и обимни обновитељски радови су прилагодили унутрашњост храма за хришћанска православна богослужења. Његово Краљевско Величанство Краљ Петар II Карађорђевић од Југославије присуствовао је освећењу храма, који је обавио Његово Преосвештенство Епископ Дионисије (Миливојевић) у недељу 5 септембра 1965. године. Имање има две сале, паркинг и парохијску кућу. Парохијски свештеник је протопрезвитер-ставрофор Александар Илић. Храм се налази 1.2 миље од центра Halifax на путу А647 Boothtown Road.

Богослужења се обављају на црквено-словенском, српском и енглеском језику.